Sunday, December 14, 2008

How it all Started

About a year ago a volunteer came to my work and taught a loom knitting class. I had never even heard of 'loom knitting' prior to this and seeing as i'm totally talentless when it comes to arts and crafts it never seemed of much interest personally. Finally they talked me into attending and I've been totally addicted since. Maybe it was the feeling of the yarn slipping through my fingers or the methodical turning of the loom, but i think it was the deep yet completely relaxing level of concentration that got my hooked instantly. I don't know how i got from loom knitting to embroidery, maybe i wandered down the wrong aisle of the craft store but it's quickly becoming my newest passion. I don't know if it's all the nifty tools you get to use or maybe it's the hypnotising colors and textures that all those skeins have to offer, but there's something about these crafts that simulates a full body mediation.

Other than the few classes i attended, I've learned most of what i know through books, websites, and human error. So i thought maybe i could share what I've learned so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment